Sunday, June 3, 2012

Updated!

I have this thing with brown--I love it. I have brown half chaps and paddock boots, and my dabbling with jumpers means that if I want to show in brown, I'm good to go.

Of course, when one lives in a completely tack-store-deprived area, that means internet shopping, which equates to the ever-dreaded taking of measurements.

GUESS WHAT???


My super huge mondo calves (17.5" upon last measure sometime last year), are a mere 16.5 right now!! Omg! I suspect it's mostly because I have been slacking at running due to an impossibly hectic work schedule, but still. It makes me feel happy inside, especially because I found these pretty things that would actually fit me:

So pretty.

Just because I want something doesn't mean it's going to happen, but it gives me hope. Maybe someday, I will fit into quasi-normal size boots.


5 comments:

  1. love. I LOVE brown boots. I've been hunting for a not hideously priced pair to fancifully acquire as my "daily pair" so I can stop abusing the konigs and have those for stuffy dressage shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssh. Why bargain hunt when there are custom Voltaire's to be had? Those look like pretty much the most amazing thing ever.

      Delete
  2. Would to tell me who makes these boots/ the link to where they are sold? Thanks! Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nightmares about boot shopping - seriously. Finally got my (also 17.5"+) calves to squeeze into a pair of 17" boots only to have the zipper break. So now I'm dieting again and need to get those fixed. Those boots are gorgeous, happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tredstep just came out with wider calf sizes... makes me SO happy!

    ReplyDelete